James Ellis Media Blog

Sunday 28 March 2010

question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?



As my magazine is indie rock , its main competition would be NME which is a well established magazine in the market already.However i have two things that the magazine wont be able to compete with.

My magazine is aimed at both sexes giving NME readers a choice to pick my magazine instead.NME mainly targets men so because my magazine equally targets both genders , Faze would provide more reading material for girls then what they would get in NME.

Another advantage i could have to attract my audience is the fact my magazine will be brand new compared to NME which first issue was published 7th March 1952, my audience might pick my magazine over NME , because they are ready for a new brand, they could be getting bored of the style brand of NME.
The double page spread attracts the reader with the quote "it's important to choose what makes you happy" . It allows the audience to see what the article is about before reading it. If they enjoy the quote, it will encourage them to read the rest of the article.The photo sets the mode of address which is serious , the artist is focused on reader with serious facial expression drawing them in to the article and showing them a glimpse of the content.

No comments: