James Ellis Media Blog

Sunday 28 March 2010

Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?


The target audience of my magazine are males and female aged 16 - mid 20s .I wanted to have a unisex audience as this would provide a bigger audience to sell to and make my magazine more versatile.Even though my magazine issue does'nt have a photo of any girls , in other issues there will be to make it unisex.The colour scheme and layout i tried to keep basic and not use a specific colour for a certain sex, This is so i would'nt use any stereotypical colours to favour a certain sex e.g pink .My audience will be indie and be interested to read about gigs,fashion and their favourite groups.



In popular music, independent music, often shortened to indie music or "indie", is a term used to describe independence from major commercial record labels and an autonomous, do it yourself approach to recording and publishing.The music i mainly listen to is indie music so i feel i can relate to my audience by using the conventions fo my magazine.


The audience are known for being associated with the music industry,They dress in mainly urban colours making a relaxed look.The sort of shops they would go to get their clothes are ;vintage shops,Topshop/Topman, Urban Outfitters etc .They genrally dress quite smart E.g blazer and skinny jeans , this is how i dressed my model on front cover to vrelate to my audience.

No comments: