James Ellis Media Blog

Thursday 18 February 2010

mast head analysis

To make my magazine successful and turn potential customers into permanent customers my magazine will need to use the typical conventions of the magazines below.First of starting with the mast head, after analyzing these famous mast heads i can gather my logo will need to be bold ,so it can be iconic , The colour of it should set the layout for my magazine, for example q magazine will have a layout of red black and white throughout their magazine showing consistency .






when designing my logo i think i should consider ,what would make my target market attract to the page.The logo could maybe include graphics like kerrang! magazine giving it detail , it should also have a specific font which is unique to the magazine like Rolling Stone magazines font is original no one can copy it for their masthead.














Thes are various types of fonts which have been used in my magazine.I have picked them because i like the detail to the ones which are distort and i believe they will fit to my music magazine audience, i believe they will appreciate these fonts.All thses fonts need are more colours added to them to make them stand up.


This is my masthead above.I know it will be succesful because it has the same characteristics as Nme and Kerrang magazine.The masthead has detail to it like kerrang magazine and uses a similar red to NME making it easy for the eye to attract to .

No comments: