James Ellis Media Blog

Monday 22 February 2010

front cover and contents page development



To make my front cover i had to use many layers to input text, shapes and the background.

I am very happy with the final result of my magazine .I am confident that if a consumer walked pass a magazine stall this magazine would attract attention without fail because the dominant colour is red.I also enjoyed adding the eye to jacks hand i wanted this to show a split personality.






















I added " the 100 best gigs " and "Lost prophets tech guitar " because these things will appeal to a faze magazine reader.





















The contents page follows all the conventions of a typical contents page, i did'nt want to input to much text because what i found is that magazines for females are basic not like men magazine filled with information.But my reader would be happy with this contents page because it gives them the band index/ page number , making it easy for them to read the magazine.





2 comments:

Rishan Gamage said...

love it Ellis, liking the eye over the hand, very affective ;)

Sophie Jones said...

THAT IS CRAZY! WILMO GIRLS LIKE THIS! :D